Thursday, December 20, 2012

2014 Audi e100 Coupe: Electric Boogaloo

Seeking to add a bit of old time drama and elegance to the electric car "scene," I submit my Audi e100 Coupe. Besides the unexpected pillarless greenhouse there are "hidden" C pillar windows behind the aluminum extruded roof louvers. The wheelbase is extended in the front for additional battery storage as well as giving a better front wheel-to-driver proportion and additional weight balance in the Quattro all-wheel drive system. Introductory color is Opalescent Pewter Mink.

5 comments:

  1. This is terrific. I cannot see Audi doing something this wild - but that is why you're here. Very handsome and graceful. Love the wheels and that color. Classic.



    BobF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Bob! I don't think any current mfr would introduce this car today, lol. We have coupephobia. But you're right, that's why I'm here! Wait 'til you see the next coupe I'm working on...

      Delete
    2. I hope it is a Riviera or that one is coming soon.

      Happy holidays!

      BobF

      Delete
  2. Very cool, feels like something from the future, or at least what the 50s and 60s thought the future would be like. Rims are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete