Monday, May 27, 2013

Repost: 2010 Crown Victoria Concept

One of my sillier chops from the past, this Crown Victoria concept was chopped in 2008 I believe. I worked in lower resolution then, hence the pixelation. I based this large, rear wheel-drive 6-passenger Ford sedan on a photo of an S-Class Mercedes, one of the few contemporary sedans with the correct rwd proportions built-in. I polished the front doors in a nod to professional pursuit vehicles nationwide and also indented the hood and trunk to catch the light in a way that would mimic Ford's classic racing stripes. Uplevel "civilian" versions would have a blanked out C-pillar, a la the classic "Galaxy" roofline, but fleet cars would use that very 1990s Crown Vic "sixth" window. Lastly, I'll just say that this was chopped way before the current Taurus hit the streets and it picked up my chromed trunk bar with the Ford oval almost 100%. I, of course, had based mine on the late '60s Torinos which had sort of similar trim pieces. My front end treatment used modified Cadillac headlights for a more vertical appearance, a nod to the '65-'67 large Fords and their stacked vertical headlights.

Happy Memorial Day to everyone, a day to remember all that have served and sacrificed for our country, and personally, happy birthday to me today, lol. (And a happy birthday to Clay, a longtime reader and contributor to those early car forums where I began chopping photos and posting them.)

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Casey!

    I like this Ford very much. It's uncanny how closely the current Taurus mirrors this. If only Ford would make a rear drive platform for their big cars -- now that Ford is abandoning production in Australia, I wonder if they'll bring the highly evolved Falcon platform here. A Ford with a detuned Mustang GT V8 and a longer wheelbase version with more power for a Lincoln, would make Lincoln more of a player in the luxury market and might get the police business back for Ford.

    Paul, NYC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is such a good idea, Paul! I really don't know why they haven't even explored stretching the Mustang, giving it proper IRS and making it a Lincoln sedan. The Falcon would be there already as you said. Maybe?!?!? : )

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday my wonderful friend!

    I would love to see a Falcon Coupe!

    ReplyDelete