Saturday, June 8, 2013

Repost: 2012 Saab 9-5 Hybrid Coupe

I think it's such a shame that Saab was shut down. They had such a storied postwar history and were very popular in areas of the country like New England. They are still quite ubiquitous around here, but we have no new ones to look forward to anymore. This was my idea for a top-line 9-5 Hybrid coupe, and would have included a dual-action hatchback which could be raised like a trunk or with the window attached like a hatchback. I believe VW was the first with this type of trunk on one of its Skoda models. I think the newest Saab design language had a lot of "legs" and was really looking forward to the smaller 9-3 and perhaps a 9-1 model in the future.

5 comments:

  1. so sad how General Motors killed the iconic Saab. Your design is killer! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to see a Saab! There are still a lot of them around the Upper West Side, particularly the last convertbiles. I really liked the look ofthe new 9-5 and you've made the two-door look perfect.

    Paul, NYC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Paul! I hope to get to doing some new cars soon. I've had some health issues and haven't had the mind to be too creative lately. Lots of chops in my head I want to do! Say hello to Manhattan for me. I miss the city more and more.

      Delete

  3. Small bits of content which are explained in details, helps me understand the topic, thank you!
    Airport Limo Toronto

    ReplyDelete